Ok, it’s been a minnit since I last did an update so I’m going to cover a bunch of things that have been happening…
1. Happy Blogging Birthday to Me!
Happy Birthday to me!
I turned 1 on April 17. Wow! Looking back on the past year a lot has changed, some good and not so good.
- Finally taking ballet classes and freaking loving it.
- Putting my hair in a real “ballet” bun at least once a week.
- Counting down the days to ballet class.
- Doing my ballet ankle and feet strengthening exercises.
- Knowing all the struggles I went through this past year have been worth it to finally be in ballet class.
- Ballet class has been improving my wonky left ankle and geriatric back.
- The amazing young ladies and women I take ballet class with.
- My ballet teacher, Ms. Dorothy.
- My husband and son letting me run off once a week to ballet class without too much fuss.
Not so Good:
- I have re-gained all the weight I lost and having trouble getting going again in weight loss.
- Wishing I could take more ballet classes during the week.
- Realizing to dance the way I want to dance, I gotta get this weight off of me. That’s not just aesthetics. Bertha, my belly, gets in the way and protests when it’s time to squeeze into tights.
2. I’m a Slacker of a Blogger
I’ve been a total slacker in the writing posts department. I admit it and I admit it freely. I do have a good reason! See, years ago while I was pining miserably away at a job I did because it was a job and got a good paycheck, I would wish for a job that I would love and could use my writing abilities. I got that wish and now I write all day, full time. It’s legal writing, not the creative stuff, but I am a nerd and a glutton for punishment and I love it. Job problem solved. Which translates into a blog writing problem. After writing all day 5 days a week, I am pretty much done with writing for the day once I get home. Like I don’t even want to think enough to formulate the simplest thing, like “Hi, ballet go good. I no go boom when I pas de chat” So, that is my reason for being a total writing slacker on the blog. I am pooped when I get home. It is getting better now that I am adjusting to the full time hours. Oh, did I say full time? That’s right…I was promoted to full time after two months….thank you very much. Add that to the good pile above.
3. I Went to a Ballet
I went to the local professional ballet company’s Spring repertoire production. It was fantastic and I took my 7 year old son with me and he loved it! I will turn this topic into another blog post. There is just too much to say. It was the first live ballet performance I have seen since I was in a ballet!
Last but not least…
4. Ballet Class
It has been one of the most challenging and rewarding things I have done in a long, long time. I leave class exhausted, sweaty, red faced, and exhilarated. I love pushing my body to see if it can do more and amazed at how much my body just “remembers” how to do. Some terminology I am still working out but it is coming back more and more each week.
I take class once a week on Monday nights. I was lucky enough these past two weeks to have two classes per week. I was off work on Good Friday and I was able to take the Open Intermediate ballet class. That was a great class, not just the class itself, but also the other adult students. Many were long time dancers and one was a teacher who teaches at this studio. They were so nice to me and I really enjoyed taking class with them. One of them even gave me a nice compliment that I had pretty feet! (Insert ballet blush here) Also, some of the teenage advanced dancers took class too. One even had her younger brother who was taking class to try out ballet! I really like having the advanced girls in class because Ms. Dorothy will push the class more plus those girls are just great and dancing with those that are better are a great motivation to push yourself to do better. Last week, since my son was gallivanting with the grandparents for Spring break, I was able to take the adult beginner class and that was really good to take so I could concentrate on basic technique. The lady who was teaching was the one who was in the Good Friday class. I really enjoyed her class and she was a great teacher. A boy who was a friend of one of the advanced students, took his first ballet class with us. He had some very good natural talent and I hope he sticks with it. I wish I could take that class every week too. Unfortunately, my schedule only allows for one a week. So, I will keep picking up an extra class here and there when I can.
So, that catches ya’ll up on where I am as of now. I am proud of myself I kept it under 950 words! LOL