I very humbly and graciously accept. Bowing an ever so graceful curtsy, roses in my arms, “Brava!” being shouted from the mezzanine, and my white tutu glimmering in the stage lights…wait…no…that was my dream last night…getting a little dramatic here but you get the drift.
Seriously though, how nifty is that???
I had not heard about the Liebster Blog Award until Jennifer nominated me and I think it’s the neatest pay it forward “award” for bloggers to receive. OK you don’t receive a trophy or a plaque and all the honor is in the nomination from another blogger. It just feels good that someone likes your blog and wants to pay it forward to you. I am really amazed that people like my little corner of the ‘net and even follow me and I’m so grateful to everyone who stops by my blog. I love the idea of paying it forward and what a great way to give each other a pat on the back for our hard work!
The Liebster is not just about yourself but to keep the momentum moving forward to others. Plus, you get to know the person “behind” the blog a little better too! I have learned so much from my fellow bloggers and I’m grateful they spend time at their keyboards writing and sharing their experiences, thoughts, knowledge, and what-not on their blogs. I am part of a great community of supportive dancers/moms/dads/bloggers/professionals/trying-to-be-professional/and everything else in between. Reading other blogs and sharing in their experiences has made the biggest difference for my blogging and my goals for returning back to the ballet studio.
Now to the specifics of the Liebster Blog Award. This is directly from Habits to Healthy. (I tried to block quote it and it came out all wonky, so I did a line of dancing asterisks’.)
* * * * * * * * *
From what I’ve learned about The Liebster Award, it’s a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.
* * * * * * * * *
Eleven Random Facts about Moi:
- I can do accents/character voices and shift from one to the other in the same sentence. I have no idea how I developed such powers.
- It’s impossible to teach me to drive a stick shift. Shifting gears gets in the way of browsing the radio stations.
- I can pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time though!
- I drive an old Ford pickup truck and I rock that look.
- When I was 9, I ran face first in Mikhail Baryshnikov’s chest by accident. It was awesome!! (swoon)
- I love to laugh but I much more prefer to make others laugh.
- Although I am 37, I am nearly gray, if I didn’t dye my hair. Thanks familial genes…
- I was once fluent in French and even spoke French in Paris, until the French people asked me to speak English.
- I recently became a card-carrying Catholic.
- My dog snores so loud she wakes me up at night.
- I take my blog writing seriously, it’s the perfectionist in me, and I sometimes have my BFF, Ms.L, be my copy editor, she’s very smarty-pants like that with the English degree and such.
The questions given to me by Habits to Healthy:
- What is the last book you’ve read or are reading? I am reading “Margot Fonteyn: A Life” by Meredith Daneman. Very good!
- If you could have lunch with any historical figure, who would it be? Jesus! Everyday and twice on Sunday!
- What is your favorite type of food? Italian – love me some pasta!
- What is one place you would like to visit? Anywhere in Italy! I passed through Italy by train and spent the night in Venice once and I must go back to that beautiful country.
- What is your favorite holiday? Christmas – I love the family getting together, watching the magic of the season dance across my son’s face, and the food!!!
- Which would you rather visit…the beach or the mountains? Since I live near the beach I’ll choose the mountains. Although I grew up in the mountains.
- What is one habit you would like to change? Pressing the snooze 8,005 times in the morning and just get up already.
- If you could go back in time to any point in history, what would it be? When Jesus walked the earth. Yep, love me some Jesus.
- What is your favorite dessert? Chocolate on top of chocolate that is inside of more chocolate.
- If you could buy anything you want right now, what would it be? A clue – seriously though – naw…that one is just too funny.
- What are three words to describe yourself? Funny, quiet, and sore. (It’s the workout video…it’s been working!)
Maestro! Drum roll please…
So, I am going to nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award. I did my best in choosing the blogs with under 200 followers but I wasn’t able to verify that all did. It was hard to choose too. I honorarily nominate all my bloggers in my blogroll on the right hand menu as well. To those that I have nominated here, there is no requirement for you to do anything, but I hope you do! (Nudge-nudge)
OK nominees, here are your 11 questions!
- Why did you start writing your blog?
- What is the most fun thing for you about your blog?
- How much time do you spend on your blog weekly?
- What is your happiest memory?
- Can you drive a stick shift?
- Can you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time?
- What has surprised you the most about having a blog?
- What was the last movie you saw?
- What is your favorite ballet?
- Who is your favorite ballet dancer?
- Can you do the splits?
This was a lot of fun for me and I hope it’s fun for you too!
Thank you again Habits to Healthy!